NPC's Spawns

unlimited

Hello, I'm trying to convert Wowhead coordinates (XY) in the coordinates used in the game (XYZ) , but not exactly how to do, try three rules to get the equivalence but do not add up, I have an error of more than 30%, quite high. Later I think about it, the coordinate Z (height) not exist in the wowhead website, a big problem haha. In other forum say me that for make the spawns, I need packet logs , and I can get it with a good sniffer. Someone can help me with this, gave me the source or it compiled for can generated the logs and help to do the database. Greetings PD: I don`t know if this is the right forum, but move if not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi! I'm using sniffer from and it works perfectly with latest wow (15050). I'm using the PKT file with parser from Kaelima https://github.com/k...WowPacketParser but it doesn't work directly because it doesn't support the newest build (15050), so I have modified this files and lines:

Opcodes.cs (path: EnumsVersion), line 62:

case ClientVersionBuild.V4_3_0_15050:
				{
					return _V4_3_0_opcodes;
				}

File ClientVersionBuild.cs (path Enums), line 60:

V4_3_0_15050 = 15050

Now, you can use the parser and obtains useful data. Now my question is, from where is the NPC positions obtained? I have seen the opcode SMSG_MONSTER_MOVE and it contains XYZ, although it's a movement from one position to another, it can be used for NPC spawn position. The only thing I can't understand is the GUID FULL, its written in hexadecimal but the conversion to decimal is too high to be a real spawn GUID.

Any help? :)