New here and New to SkyfireEmu

I just want to let everyone know that I am new here and that I am new to the whole SkyfireEmu stuff. Back when I was running a private server I had WoTLK and it was all fairly easy to me once I picked up the process. This is a whole new process and I am completely lost. So, I am sorry in advance for any question that may come off as noobish. As I AM a noob to this new process of getting files and compiling, etc. :P

Yea I know. I've been playing retail for most of the time since TBC. I even tried to start a Cata server with MoP style spell learning without the use of trainers and even tried to create a book that each character would start with to 'read' and learn new spells free of charge. All of that was so confusing and when I asked for help on another forum I was a member of I was getting 'bashed' instead being helped. I try not to ask a question that is already asked and answered, but as I am living proof, shizle happens. xD