glad to be here, thanks.

Hello all

A little about myself,

I have been knee deep in MMO emu's for about 10 years, mainly working with ProjectEQ. I used to make macro's for in infamous macroquest (mq2) system, which sat ontop of everquest 1 allowing for all sorts of goodies. I did this for EQ1 live with 6 accounts for quite some time until sony got wise one day and banned all 6 in one swoop, this is when i started digging into Emu's.

at long last, its time to lay EQ1 to rest. So with a hefty hardware upgrade to my server box i have started a very private (box has no access to the outside world) wow server. speaking of server hardware, i haven't noticed any down sides to this setup but never hurts to ask, is

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 250 Processor,  MMX,  3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
		  Memory: 2816MB RAM

sufficient to run a 4.0.6a server for the foreseeable future?

from what i have read skyfire core seems to be the most stable cata server core to date. and since choosing a server core is something i'm competely new to i figured to it best to do my research and choose accordingly.

anywho, glad to be here. glad your server works fairly good for the short amount of time cata has been out, you guys have really gotten a shizle ton of work done.

• 3 weeks later...

I use proxmox (virtual systems) to host my local only dev server on my old quadcore laptop running two machines, one for auth and the other for world. The game files sync up to dropbox so i can change them without needing to use an ftp client or using remote desktop to change configs or update the core. (it does not sync the maps,mmaps,vmaps,dbc folder)