[Php DB Util] T'Cata!

klyxmaster

The nice thing about living in the sticks (with no net)- you have lots of time to program (if you are into that sort of thing :P )

Here is a project I am working on - Just started. If anyone thinks this might be useful, lemme know, outside that I'll probably kill this post.

I love QUICE when I work with Mangos. I did find a Trinity version, but was confused and thought that it would work for this(cataclysm) release.

since I LOATH!!! working the DB manually (did all this from 2004-2006) I set about making my own - just to do a little here and there. before I knew it,

It had gotten bigger than I expected LOL.

Again, just a personal project I wanted to share*

Project: T'Cata - Trinity/Skyfire Database Editor (Just got a facelift! )

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see, it is based loosely off the QUICE design.

It does not (for obvious resons) access the dbc files, instead I will have a text file for that, as most of the stuff I want to edit are spells and a few other misc other id.

I wrote it in as simple php as possible (this was due to some of my friends do not know php that well) so that anyone with at least a drop of php can fumble through it.

anyways.. First and last post on this topic - unless its a hit :-)

Yes - this is a sneak preview - due out shortly

*Unless I can test this myself locally - it will not be released. There is still an issue with the wow.exe not working with no net. pointless to have a private server if you cannot play it anytime.

That seems to be very nice till now. Nice idea to do that under PHP. I'm looking forward to your first public release.

thank you - so am I :-D!!

it will most likely be svn released since I am constantly working on it. The only thing about releasing stuff like php and the like, is that it is exposed to world scrutiny, while most my friends have acquired a taste for my "unorthodox" way of programing (its written in layman's terms - nothing fancy that way they can mess with it if they need to) the general population may see different.

but ya I'll keep ya posted - next couple days knocking out the creature section (which is HUGH ) - THAT will take a few red bulls ;-)

mistakes? im PERFCET!!!! :P

hey, you'll love this saying: "... perfect people make mistakes - its the idiots who know everything"

I just got into git with mangos sometime ago.. still a little klunky for me. May switch before I release it haven't decided (I spend more time on winbloze than linux so just a preference)

btw

is there a list somewhere for the flags? The only reference I have is for mangos (used that for years so still a little new at trinity)

currently working on these "quest flags"

STAY_ALIVE
PARTY_ACCEPT
EXPLORATION
SHAREABLE
NONE2
EPIC
RAID
TBC
UNK2
HIDDEN_REWARDS
TBC_RACES
DAILY
UNK3
UNK4
WEEKLY
AUTOCOMPLETE
UNK5
UNK6
AUTO_ACCEPT
however those are mangos. need them for NPC flags as well. my testers suggested a drop down menu for these - good idea :-)

EDIT:

FOUND THEM:

https://bitbucket.org/n0n4m3/cataclysm/src/81ef33af484e/src/server/game/Quests/QuestDef.h

• Admin/Master Developers

Well Git works well with Winblows and with GitHub people can submit in a patch queue. You can point and click on the patch you wan to add to your repository. It's kinda slick once you get used to it.

i'll look into it. I know its getting popular. but since I wanted to focus more on the project and less learning a new svn.. i went with old tried and true LOL. git always seems something more for BIG projects like - skyfire! btw.. can someone post their questflag for lockdown #14078 (i deleted it testing my editor LOL) i've tried 262145,262159,262157 but still getting no requirements for the quest error.

• 1 month later...