Hey all, nice place you got here.

I've been lurking in the scene for a couple years and experimented with a few different cores in that time.  Compiled ArcEMU back then and have been messing around with poorly executed repacks recently.  I have enjoyed the SkyFire based emulators most and am hoping to setup a dev environment that leverages tools I am more familiar with.  As I am a SQL Server guy in the real world I find MySQL to be similar enough to be productive but foreign enough to be frustrating.  I'm thinking it might be fun to get SkyFire running on SQL Server so I'm here to poke around, maybe learn a thing or three and if I still feel ambitious over the next several weeks maybe give it a go.

• Admin/Master Developers

No. we are here. it's the holiday season.

On 12/23/2015 at 8:23 AM, IronMan72 said:

I've been lurking in the scene for a couple years and experimented with a few different cores in that time.  Compiled ArcEMU back then and have been messing around with poorly executed repacks recently.  I have enjoyed the SkyFire based emulators most and am hoping to setup a dev environment that leverages tools I am more familiar with.  As I am a SQL Server guy in the real world I find MySQL to be similar enough to be productive but foreign enough to be frustrating.  I'm thinking it might be fun to get SkyFire running on SQL Server so I'm here to poke around, maybe learn a thing or three and if I still feel ambitious over the next several weeks maybe give it a go.

SQL does run but you would need to change all of the statements. But for cross platform compliance we use MySQL. We were thinking of also supporting PostgreSQL but the it isn't worth the headache.