Linux server installation 5.4.8 (Skyfire_5xx) few questions

koper89

Hi,

I wanted to make a server on my kimsufi dedibox (

Atom™ N2800 2c / 4t 1.86 GHz+ 2 GB 500 GB 100 Mbps

, and was curious about how to make it working.

1. How to finish my installation

http://wiki.projectskyfire.org/index.php?title=Installation_%28Linux%29
I used this guide, but it seams outdated for 5xx, I made it till the databse part, and of course i switched from

git clone git://github.com/ProjectSkyfire/SkyFireEMU.git to git clone git://github.com/ProjectSkyfire/SkyFire_5xx.git
mysql -u <mysql_root> -p < ~/SkyFireEMU/sql/create/create_mysql.sql
mysql -u <mysql_root> -p auth < ~/SkyFireEMU/sql/base/auth/auth.sql  switched to /base/auth_database.sql
mysql -u <mysql_root> -p characters < ~/SkyFireEMU/sql/base/character/character.sql switched to base/character_database.sql

But don't know what about else , i dowloaded DB v. 15 but it's for SkyfireEMU not SkyFire_5xx I suppouse If somone could descirbe me what to do next and how to finish my server, i would be really gratefull.

2. About latest version of skyfire, maybe I'll try to describe why I want to make this server: I'm a former WoW player I didnt play since WoTLK but with group of friends we wanted to make a private server and with small group try new raids from Cataclysm and MoP, will this version be a good choice for us? We're aiming to make every raid since WoTLK and wanted to make premade chars with highest lvl on raid and of course decent geared and just enjoy the tactian part of raids;)

Best wishes

koper89

• 2 weeks later...