Immersive

Just wanted to stop in here and say hello. I am new to SkyFire and I found this though some creative searching. I came over from TrinityCore I guess. I just started an account there and tried to setup my very first server from scratch. I have had a server running from repacks before and I must say compiling the source really isn't that much harder. It took me about 4 hours before my first server was up and running. Why so long? Well like I said I started at TrinityCore and low and behold I had a 4.0.6 client and was not willing to downgrade to 3.3.5 for the proper maps/vmaps. Although I feel the server would have ran properly with the proper maps after about 1 hour of learning how everything worked I decided to move onto something better (SkyFire). After searching the web I found this place. It seems everything out there ends here. So here I am. It really only took me about another hour to get the server compiled and the maps extracted. After that it was all good. Thats probably a lot of info you really didn't want to hear but my point is I'm here to learn and am enjoying it thus far. How long will I be interested in this? Well who knows, that seems to be my mentality. Even if I don't stick around for to long I'm sure I'll check back from time to time. So cheers for here and now. Yup I'm a dork.