SQL issues

Tagban

Hello everyone! I'm new to SkyFire, but looking to setup a server with expectations of around 30+ people playing. I managed to follow the step by step (Which btw it needs updated and I write technical docs for a living so would be happy to help!).

Edit: This is for SkyFire_548 master branch. 

Either way once I got this setup, I got the db imported for world DB, but am having issues with AuthServer and WorldServer. Both load, but then close right away, the log error indicates it cannot connect to the database, but I did confirm that all of the settings are accurate. I'm wondering if its causing a minor issue, I am currently running MariaDB and MySQL 5.5 (Port 3306, and Port 3309 respectively). I was able to ping the db, and sign in using NaviCat, so I know the sign in is working. I can post the log files if it would help. 

At the end of the log file:

DatabasePool auth NOT opened. There were errors opening the MySQL connections. Check your SQLDriverLogFile for specific errors.
Cannot connect to database

Can anyone offer suggestions on what to dig into?