Jump to content

CMake issues


Recommended Posts

By default following the wiki CMake detects 32bit platform and I have no option in Visual Studio to build for x64. Whenever possible I loaded 64bit or 32bit and 64bit installers. Using Windows 10 64bit.

CMake also doesn't detect OpenSSL and I have to put include and home locations in every time I run CMake. Can I add an environment variable or something to make it auto-detect correctly? Uninstall / reinstall didn't help.

Trying some CMake options here to see if it helps: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2016/10/05/cmake-support-in-visual-studio/

Just needed to change the drop down menu for Visual Studio in CMake and tell it Visual Studio x64 or it was defaulting to the 32bit version. That seems to have solved my CMake problems.

wiki - If you have installed MySQL version other than 5.5, be sure to UNCHECK the WITH_MYSQL_SOURCES option. With the latest MySQL I don't see that check box option. Must be for versions older than 8?

========== Build: 21 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When using Win64OpenSSL-1_1_1a the build doesn't provide the correct dlls listed in the wiki.

libeay32.dll & ssleay32.dll  don't exist. Also, should x64 builds still use those?

See this, might be relevant. https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues/1931

I thought adding Boost from TrinityCore wiki might help but it doesn't seem to by default. For now I'll probably try an older version of OpenSSL. Edit: Didn't work. SkyFire needs OpenSSL version 1.1.1 but found version 1.1.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I don't rename the files I get missing files errors. If I rename them then libmysql.dll from MySQL doesn't work and throws another error. The ordinal 4445 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\SkyfireEMU\Server\libmysql.dll

The 64bit build for Windows doesn't seem to work or the wiki instructions miss something. OpenSSL threw a monkey wrench into things when they renamed the files and I'm not sure the build is linking things correctly or taking into account the name change in OpenSSL 1.1.1a.

The wiki for the connection patcher is also wrong, I fumbled through it and figured it out. The build doesn't build tools needed and that's unclear in the wiki but I found those. The batch file for extractors, and instructions for auth and characters databases are unclear or missing.

Edit: Wiki is wrong.

" You will also need libeay32.dll & ssleay32.dll to run your server. This file is found in your OpenSSL folder which is usually located C:\OpenSSL-Win* "

But those files don't work, are the wrong names (64bit), and renaming them doesn't work. You actually need the ones from MySQL server /bin folder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.