Please take a minute to read the rules. We don't ask for much. Just the simple understanding of these rules can make our lives and your lives much easier.
General Rules of Conduct
We reserve the right to remove, at any time and without notice, any content from these message boards.
We do not support data, binary or source developed externally from the SkyFireEMU Development Team. Please refrain from posting questions or support topics on these subjects. Support should be given by it's original authors, and not by the SkyFireEMU Development Team.
Refrain from using inappropriate language, including language that may look, sound like, stand for, hint at, abbreviate, or insinuate profanity, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs).
If it is found that a user has fraudulently registered, their account will immediately be terminated.
We reserve the right to contact your ISP regarding any inappropriate activities by you on the message boards.
Reposting content, help, documentation or otherwise that is not yours will result in a ban. Plagiarism will not be tolerated here.
You may not post: .dbc, .map and or relevant materials that are under copyright. Please keep posts restricted to database entry and database related software, accordingly.
Any links containing custom "repacks" of server files will be deleted, and the user will be issued a warning. These files are not supported by the SkyFireEMU Development Team. Please keep discussion on custom "repack" content to a minimum and off the message boards.
We reserve the right to immediately terminate or suspend anyone who fails to abide by these General Rules of Conduct.
The following conduct is not allowed on our message boards, in private messages, irc channels, or user profiles.
- Offensive Material - Users may not transmit or encourage others to transmit material or links to material considered patently offensive in nature. This includes, but is not limited to using vulgar, profane, or sexually explicit language; using race, religion, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, handicap, nationality, or gender as a means of insult; using threatening, harassing, defamatory, hate-speech, or libelous language; and posting, requesting, or otherwise sharing material considered pornographic, obscene, graphic, or hate speech.
- Vulgar language or substitutes for such - Our forums are programmed with a list of words that are considered vulgar under any context, and these words are not allowed to be used under any circumstances. Attempting to bypass the censor by misspelling, inserting spaces or symbols, transposing letters, using look-alike symbols, or any other method is not allowed. The only acceptable method of posting one of these vulgar words is to completely obscure it, making it impossible to determine what the word is without context. Additionally, certain words are prohibited from being used in topic titles and user information pages; bypassing the censor to post those words where they are restricted is also disallowed. For example, if "poop" is a banned word, the following are examples of bypassing that are not allowed: p-o-o-p, po*p, dood. Taking advantage of any limits in the forum's language filtering capabilities is not allowed. Any limits in such filters shall not be taken as permission to bypass rules regarding vulgar language.
- Flaming - Communications clearly insulting other users, individually or as a group, directly or indirectly, are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: name-calling ("You're an idiot", "You moron"); direct insults and orders ("Screw you", "Go kill yourself"); insinuations ("Are you stupid or something?"); or insults towards family ("Your mom...").
- Trolling (Inciting flames) - Messages intended solely to annoy and/or offend other users by going against the clear nature of a board, topic or chat room are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: provoking other users to respond with flames; provoking fans of a particular system or game, especially on boards or topics dedicated to that system or game; making misleading topic titles; asking obviously useless questions; and posting false information as fact.
- Illegal activity - Communications that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, asking for or providing: illegal copies of copyrighted software; methods of circumventing copyright protection; illegal copies of copyrighted music, movies, videos, or any other type of media; reprints of material from other web sites; or methods of cheating in online games.
- Advertising - Messages that clearly advertise a service or product are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: unsolicited commercial or personal web site advertisements(i); :For-Sale/For-Trade/For-Auction/Wanted: notices; "Make Money Fast" scams, chain letters, and pyramid schemes; or any referrer-ID based sites (including both games and free-item marketing sites).
(i) THIS MEANS ANY PERSONAL SERVER OR WEBSITE HOSTING ANY CONTENT.
- Off-topic postings - The main purpose of the message boards is to provide discussion forums and opportunities for various Databases and Multi-functional Server Software. Topicality is expected and will be enforced on all message board sections.
- Disruptive Behavior - Behavior that disrupts the service for other users, intentional or not, are prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: messages or topic titles that force browsers to scroll horizontally; large blank or content-free messages; "bumping" multiple older topics (posting in them well after the last post); posting multiple identical or near-identical messages or topics, including "fad" posts or topics; intentionally hard-to-read topic titles or posts (i.e. ALL CAPS, AlTeRnAtE cApS, no spaces, no or excessive punctuation); posting multiple hard-to-read or nonsensical messages in a single or multiple topics; posting large ASCII art (except in social topics specifically calling for it); or post counting (i.e. "First", "100th Post"). Double-posting or otherwise not editing your last post is considered disruptive behavior.
- Flooding, Invading, and Board Wars - Flooding a forum with multiple disruptive topics or messages; invading another board (flooding a board as a group with multiple topics or messages); instigating, participating in, or retaliating in an invasion of a message board or any other online service; announcing or inciting a "war" or any conflict with the regular members of another board.
- Impersonation - Impersonating other users by creating and/or using a user account with a name clearly intended to impersonate, mock, or antagonize another user, or otherwise falsely claiming to be another member is strictly prohibited.
- Harassment/Stalking/Privacy - Continual harassing behavior directed towards a certain individual or group with the intent of creating an intimidating, offensive, or hostile environment on the forums, with or without use of explicit or implicit threats is strictly prohibited. Posting contact or other private information of any person (forum user or not) is also prohibited.
- Moderation - Please do not attempt to be a moderator. We have appointed specific personnel, and any posts regarding inclusive portions from the above should be reported to a Moderator and or Developer. Do no try to "moderate" the forums and posts and it is not in your ability to do so in the first place.
Please feel free to use the "<need link to report button here>" button near the user's name when reporting a post that does not comply to the forum rules.
By registering a forum account, you have agreed to abide by the forum rules at all times and have agreed to have read the following guidelines.
Thank you for your understanding.
- The SkyFireEMU Development Team
Swiped from TrinityCore Forum.
Original post by moujin